Wednesday 29 April 2009

FEATHERY AND FLUFFY.






Freda started this fluffy feather lace pattern. It was meant to be a jumper. She started on the sleeves, but this was as far as she got because the pattern started to bug her. She couldn't get into the number sequence and went onto knit something more simple with a lace panel down the front.  No yarn, no needles, no pattern, nice feel, lovely piece of knitting.

Gabrielle has taken this piece to another level. It is lined in blue silk with her own label and she has accentuated the pattern with some multi coloured thread. Not only that but she has done it in under a week!

7 comments:

  1. I vote you frog "feathery and fluffy" and knit it into a lacy scarf. I love the color!
    lizardknits1 AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you like to have a go? I can post it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Lizardknits isn't a taker, I'm willing to do something with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already have SO MANY things in progress that I'm going to pass. So send it to Gabrielle, but I'd love to see photos of what G does with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will email details for sending this to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately it is acrylic, so no felting here. I found a near match in blue but not fluffy, and was given a wild multicolour yarn by one of my students, so they will be joining the piece in a glam clutch bag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gabrielle I think you have discovered what that multi coloured yarn is for....

    ReplyDelete